With decadent dark chocolate, rich and earthy matcha powder, and heart- healthy pistachios, this is the perfect dessert for anyone looking for a feel-good-antioxidant boost.
Pack these truffles for a little midday pick-me-up when you’re craving something sweet!
MAKES: 3 DOZEN
READY IN: 2 HOURS
- 3 cups premium dark chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup pistachios, shelled and pulsed in a food processor to a fine meal
- 1 tablespoon matcha powder, plus 1 teaspoon for dusting (try my fave Matcha Love, by Ito En
1. In a large saucepan, bring 2 to 3 cups of water to a simmer. Create a warm water bath by placing a heatproof glass or stainless-steel bowl over the saucepan of simmering water. Add the chocolate chips and heavy cream to the bowl. Mix well with a spatula to combine as the chocolate melts.
2. Remove the bowl from the heat and transfer the chocolate mixture to a parchment paper– lined loaf pan or shallow bowl and cool completely to room temperature. Place in to the fridge for 90 minutes to solidify.
3. Using a small melon baller, scoop out the truffle mixture and mold into 1-inch balls. If you don’t have a melon baller, use your hands.
4. Fill a small bowl with the crushed pistachios, roll the truffles in the pistachios, pressing the nuts gently into the surface. Using a fine-mesh strainer or sifter, dust the truffles with the matcha powder.